Located in the Mechanical Engineering Building this clock has been keeping time for over 120 years and its ticking can be heard throughout the building. The clock was built by the Seth Thomas Clock Company and was installed in 1904.
The clock’s mechanism is powered by weights that are wound up manually twice a week. It has a pendulum that swings back and forth, keeping time with remarkable accuracy. The clock is also equipped with a chime that rings every quarter hour, as well as a striking mechanism that sounds the hours.
Over the years, the clock has undergone several renovations and restorations to keep it in good working order. In 2009, the clock was fitted with an electric motor to assist in winding the weights, but it still operates primarily through mechanical means.